Job Position: Program Associate (Agri initiative)
Experience: 01 – 02 Years of relevant work experience in agricultural initiatives in the development sector
Education: B.Sc Agri/M.Sc Agri/Masters in Agri-Business
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with relevant work experience
Desired Skill Sets:
- Professional demeanor, and ability to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals and farmers and handle a fast-paced environment.
- Know about crop-based pests, diseases, and fertilizers.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to design and implement the farmer training modules and prepare a paddy cultivation calendar.
- Highly skilled user of Google and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated skills in prospect and pipeline research, reports, proposals, and blog posts.
- Assist the Program Manager with project backstopping and coordination of technical and reporting contributions of staff and consultants, providing quality control in reporting, deliverables, communication, and monitoring.
- Team training and capacity building for crops-based learnings.
- Make the SRI-based live demonstration and monitor the field regularly.
- Update all documentation formats as per the project.
- Ensure the timely completion of critical goals and milestones through the effective allocation of available resources.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating internal and external meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up of decisions.
- Attends to any other tasks assigned by the Program manager from time to time as per the needs of the program and Organization.
- Coordinate with field staff, project partners, and provide guidance to field teams, and track correspondence to ensure timely responses and approvals.
- Community mobilization and new innovative approaches in the field.
- Team support at the field level to identify the pest and disease (viz. pesticide, fertilizer, water, and soil).
- Prepare monthly activity report.
- Manage relevant databases and trackers, support monitoring and evaluation processes, and link project data with required donor reporting.
- Meet with and provide information and reports to project clients and beneficiaries as needed under the delegation of the Program manager.