System Administrator - IT
Job Position: System Administrator - IT (Hardware & Software)
Experience: 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
Tentative Date Of Joining: Immediate
Reporting: CEO – Kakatiya Sandbox
Education: M.sc/M.Tech/MCA/PGDCA/B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science/ Information Technology, or a related discipline.
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with relevant work experience
Desired Skill sets:
- Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), Cyber security, and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- ITIL Certification would be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ensure systems are properly controlled for change and monitored for uptime and performance.
- Facilitate the selection and implementation of network, systems infrastructure to match the Sandbox requirements.
- Plan, design, implement and provide ongoing support of infrastructure systems of high complexity in extranet, backbone, and environments to fulfill business needs for performance and cost benefits.
- Responsible for hardware installation, configuration, and operational support of these infrastructure servers, storage, load balancers.
- Ensure all changes go through an appropriate review, change control, and acceptance before implementation.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet organizational objectives.
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize computer systems.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve networked computer systems.